Saturday 31 January 2015

First Month of 2015 Review: No Wheat and No Dairy (Long post inc Hugh Fernley-Wittingstale Light and Easy Recipes)

| | 0 comments
2015 has already been pretty good but incredibly hectic with college and finding a job. I've already planned things for the summer so i'm looking forward to that and i've also been loving my recent diet and workout routine.

January is always the month where people decide to get incredibly healthy and it's their new years resolution to 'get fit for summer.' I'm not one for new years resolutions but i decided to go that extra mile with my diet and workouts. I've never been perticulary unhealthy so never thought it'd be a short term thing: this is a change i'm going to continue with throughout 2015 and will hopefully see great outcomes because of it.

I've been exercising everyday for a year so far and i'm loving it. I'm seeing results and that's mainly from changing it up alot this past month. Things work for me for about a month but then i need to step it up a notch to get more results. I recently got the Charlotte Crosby 3 Minute Belly Blitz, i never thought i'd buy a workout DVD because there are so many great options on youtube to do and i thought it'd be incredibly gimicky but i was pleasenly surprised. I am loving it!! It's so fun to do. Hit training is more my thing than really long workouts so this has been fabulous.

If workout videos arent your thing then i loved doing Fitness Blenders workout routines on youtube so go and check them out too!

Now for the diet stuff...

So many of the recipes came from this book and I would definitly recommend!

My parents and I decided to do this mainly just to experiment and see how well we could do. It was loads easier because my step dad used to be a chef so it wasn't much of a change for me but i;ve not been eating wheat or dairy for a month. I'm not really a bread person anyway and nor am i one for milk either (always been a soya/almond milk girl) but you'd be surpirsed how much contains wheat and dairy.

The main struggle for me was giving up cheese to be honest but i've powered through and will be eating cheese tomorrow for sure!

Here are some of the meals we've had: (I wont put up recipes as you can google a lot of them and get great step by step guides)

Breakfasts: For an everyday breakfast my step-dad made Hugh Fernley-Wittingstales Buckwheat Granola every Sunday, distributed into pots for week)


 Strawberry Smoothie Bowl topped with Flax Seeds(I went through two bags of that stuff, i love this Flax Seed Mix)



Apple, Frozen Berries and Flax Seed Smoothie








  Buckwheat and Sunflower Seed Pancakes with Honey and Fruit were a perfect sunday morning addition.
 
For lunch i was taking rivita, homemade rye bread or brown rice salads to school but on weekends i ate these sort of things:

Dinner:





Vegetable Chilli with Brown Rice, Cornflower Cake Bread and Guaccamole.




Cajun salmon with avocado and tomato salsa, spinach and brown rice













Seared Steak with a Pomegranite Dressing. Quinoa, Puy Lentil and Veg Salad.
 
Grilled mackerel Nordic slaw with 
new potatoes and a rye crumb                                                                                      
                                                                                  Goan Fish Curry, Red Lentil Dahl and 
                                                                                        homemade rye Chipati










New Potato, Spinach, Apple and Mackeral Salad.(One of my favourites)


 Sweet Things:

I was naughty and ate a lot on wine gums every now and then but for the most part i was good at eating fruit when i was craving chocolate. We managed to make a really nice desert that involved dark chocolate too:


Mango, Coconut, Passion Fruit and Lime Shavings with Dark Chocolate,
and for when I wasn't feeling too hungry then i'd snack on a small Green Smoothie (this one is Kale, Lime, Mango and Orange smoothie) and then Quinoa snack bars with a lot of seeds in ( Iwasn't keen on first but very filling)


So that's been my month! It;s been so fun and I have definitly seen some results by cutting out wheat and dairy. This isn't just a fad diet it's a change that I want to maintain for life which is the same for working out. I don't want to 'get fit for summer' I want to change my life and start to feel great about myself because I don't believe you should waste your life being sad about your appearence. Love yourself and enjoy your life. 


How has your January been?
Courtney
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance