Saturday 6 December 2014

My Everyday Makeup Routine (Updated)

| | 0 comments
I'm incredibly inconsistent with my blog posts however now that it's winter and I have a new camera, I thought it would be the best time to begin to have a scheduale with my posts and to actually build this blog up so what better post to start with than my updated make up routine?

-First of all you have to moisturise that face so i've been loving the Garnier Moisture Match for that, it's so much better than Simple light moisturiser so i'm definitly going to buy some more as it's quickly running out.
-Then i apply some of the Smashbox Primer to my face, i feel this product is pretty self explanitory but it does keep my makeup on just that little bit longer so it's a winning product for me.
-Next I put half a pump of the Rimmel Lasting Finish (100 Ivory) foundation to the back of my hand, apply blobs to my face using my finger and then blend with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. This foundation is fab as it does stay on all day but i do want to find a new foundation so let me know guys.
-Now for concealer which is strangly my favourite part of doing my make up, especially with this new Creamy Concealer from Nars (Light 2, Vanilla) that my friends got me for my birthday. I absolutly love it, the coverage is amazing and its creamy so it doesnt dry out your skin either. I put it onto my finger, dab under my eyes, around my nose and on any imperfections like spots. Continue to press on the concealer with my finger and then blend it out using any brush.
-I do a light sweeping of my Mac Studio Fix Powder (NC25) with my Mac 116 brush all over my face mainly just to cover some shine on my forhead and to set the concealer.
-I then swirl my Real Techniques Contour Brush around in the Solar Powder by Soap and Glory and apply onto my face in a three motion (temples, cheek bones and jaw line) just to give a bit of warmth and definiton to my face. The great thing about this product is it creates a perfect, healthy looking colour to cause a shadowing affect whenever light may hit you. It creates a slight shimmer but a deep warm bronze look which is buildable. This step i change frequently in regards to proudct and sometimes i don't do it at all!


Next the focas is my eyelashes which is the part i tend to spend the most time on using multiple mascaras and what not but i think i've finally found a mascara that has it all. The Estee Lauder Sumptuous Infinite Mascara. Not only does it give your lashes great length that stays put all day, it adds amazing volume. Definitly no clumping of the lashes going on here guys.(however if i'm feeling slightly unsatisfied, i can just add more layers or go in with a different mascara. Benefit They're Real or Smashbox Photo OP Eye Brightening Mascara works best with this mascara)

So that's my everyday basic make up routine done! Comment below your opinion on any of the mentioned products or maybe recomend me a new product to try out. You never know, it may become apart of the daily routine!
Courtney xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance